27 May 2017

Why You Should Join the Lolita Blog Carnival





A couple times a month, I publish a blog post on a Friday morning. These themed posts are part of the Lolita Blog Carnival. Keep reading to find out what the LBC is exactly, how you can join, and why I think you really should!


What is a blog carnival? How does this work?

A blog carnival is a group of bloggers who all write on the same topic and publish it on the same day. Members vote on a topic from a poll, and the winning topic is the next week's theme. The LBC posts on Fridays, but you should take advantage of scheduling tools if you can't manually publish your post Friday mornings.

Here's how it works: vote on a theme, write a blog post about it, paste your permalink to the event page for that week's theme, and link the other participants' blog posts at the end of yours as they post their links to the event page.

What's in it for me? Why should I join?

From the perspective of someone who has been part of the LBC for a few years, we could definitely use more members! We have over a hundred members on the Facebook group, but only a handful of bloggers actually contribute each week. Sometimes we have zero!

The point of joining a blog carnival is three-fold.

The first advantage is that you force yourself to make content for your blog. Having pre-set weekly themes makes it easy to sit down and just write. Definitely helps break writer's block. The more you write content (even if the topic is given to you) and read other blogs, the more creativity is sparked. If you enjoy blogging, joining a blog carnival will definitely help you with consistent, fun posts.

The second reason to join is networking. Commenting on each others' blog posts isn't required, but I find the regular contributors do anyways. I've met a dear friend of mine through the LBC, and it is really cool to connect with other bloggers who share the same passion. You get to read different perspectives on the same topics that you never would have thought of otherwise.

The third advantage is free promotion. By linking to everybody's posts, we share promotion equally. If someone reads a blog and is interested in the topic, it's likely they'll click on the other participants listed at the end of the post. The more you post to the LBC, the more regularly readers will see your blog's name. Repetition is a proven marketing technique for attracting attention.

How can I join?

Here are the only requirements for membership. If your blog follows these, then just apply! If you don't hear back from a mod in a couple of weeks, shoot them a message. They're people too and have busy lives.

  • You must be primarily a lolita blogger.
  • Your blog must be in English. It would be unfair to ask people to link to blogs they may not be able to read.
  • Your blog must be a minimum of 3 months old and have a minimum of 9 posts.
  • No Tumblr blogs please! Tumblr blogs tend to move at a much faster rate and are generally focused on reblogs rather than original content.


I really hope you consider joining. Even if your blog doesn't yet meet the requirements, keep blogging and apply later. Hope to write with you soon!





Thank you for reading my blog, it really means a lot. 

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe. 


Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well then I guess this post isn't particularly useful to you. Why don't you blog?

      Delete
  2. I really wish I could join! But I do not have/nor intend to have facebook. Is there any other way I can still participate? I love the idea, looks like I need to add a few more posts to my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, Facebook is currently the only place where the topics are voted on/put up for linking. It makes sense to have one place for everything. However, there's nothing stopping you from joining in once we've posted ours :) If you comment on my posts, I know I'll add your participating link.

      Delete
    2. I understand. It'd be helpful if there was a blog posting the topic, as I can only guess from everyone's posts. I'll try to still participate as is though. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. thanks for information.
    i like this blog..
    if you wanna to play
    -baccarat - roulette - slots

    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason I liked these event locations is that this place is so intimate and personable and while having astounding atmosphere! Really more suited and perfect for experiencing great food and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the lolita blog carnival still a thing that you maintain? I loved reading content it sparked but so many of my favourite lolita blogs have since become inactive.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT FORM MESSAGE IS HERE